Great flavors and super nutritious!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed, ground or 4 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 cup WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted, melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 1 9 X 5 inch loaf
- Grind flax seed in blender or spice grinder.
- Grate cheese.
- Chop onion.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and eggs together until frothy.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, flaxmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in melted butter or oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour mixture.
- Pour in egg mixture stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in cheese and onion.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan