Makes a great lunch or dinner muffin!
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups WEM Organic White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
Hands on Time: 10-12 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 9-12 muffings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray
- Saute onions and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon oil on medium heat until onions are transparent. Set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, stir together flours, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk, mustard and remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fold in onion mixture and cheese.
- Divide batter equally into 12 cup muffin pan.*
- Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly brown on tops.
*If batter fills less than 12 cups, fill the empty cups with water.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
If batter fills less than 12 cups, fill the empty cups with water.