Carrots add extra flavor, color and nutrition to this tasty cornbread!
- 1 cup WEM Organic Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed and NOT diluted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, margarine, or your choice of oil (coconut is delicious and healthy!)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- Spray or oil an 8-10 inch cast iron skillet, baking pan, or 12 cups muffin tin.
- Place in oven and preheat to 375°F.
- Beat 1 egg lightly in a medium-size bowl.
- Grate carrots.
- Add carrots, milk, orange juice concentrate, honey or sugar, melted butter, or oil to the beaten egg.
- In a small bowl, stir dry ingredients together.
- Add to carrot/egg mix blending well.
- When the oven reaches temperature and pan is hot, remove from the oven.
- Spoon in the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (20-25 minutes for muffins) or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean