A beautiful special occasion cake, delicious anytime.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese (low-fat is fine) softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Hands-on Time: 35 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 8 to 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 2-8 or 9 inch round cake pans or 1-11 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add, one at a time, the oil, pineapple, carrots, nuts, and eggs, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour and spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Cool on rack in pans.
- Blend all ingredients together vigorously by hand or with an electric mixer.
- If using one pan, cool and frost in the pan. If using 2 round pans, turn out on cake plate, frost top. Place other cake on top and frost top and sides.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Instead of adding nuts to frosting, sprinkle evenly over top of the frosted cake.