War Eagle Mill Millet Flour gives this brown sugar pudding a creamy, smooth texture. Add pecans for a crunchy contrast and extra protein.
- 4 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups milk (whole, low-fat, or your favorite alternative)
- 1/3 cup millet flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Hands-on Time: 10-15 minutes
- Toast pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until lightly golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, put butter and white sugar. Over medium heat, stir together until sugar melts and turns a light golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together brown sugar, millet flour, and salt. Put over medium heat and slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Whisk in butter and sugar mixture and continue to cook for two more minutes making sure melted sugar is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and pecans, reserving 2 Tbsp nuts for garnish. Cool slightly. Serve warm or chilled.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and more toasted pecans if desired.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
For Butterscotch Pudding leave out the pecans.