Give ‘Man’s best friend’ something homemade and from the heart! Try our simple recipe with simple healthy ingredients!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper, ¼ to ½ inch thick.
- Peel off the upper layer of paper.
- Cookie cutters can be used for shaped treats. You can also use a pizza cutter and make ½ to 1 in. squares and slightly separate the edges.
- Transfer the parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then turn off the oven and allow to cool in the oven for an hour to crisp.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Flaxseed oil contains more omega-3 than any other oil. Omega-3’s are also found in walnuts and sunflower seeds and have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer properties in addition to improving joint mobility and haircoat luster.
Oatmeal contains quercetin which gives it the anti-allergic and antihistamine properties when placed on your dog's skin, like oatmeal baths, etc., but did you know that it provides these benefits when eaten as well?