The aroma and taste of these very nutritious biscuits is exotic and delicious!
Hands-on Time: 7 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 22-25 minutes
Yield: 15 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Cut in butter or oil with a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. (This can also be done in a food processor but be careful not to over-process. Usually, about 5 pulses will do.)
- Stir in buttermilk with a fork.
- Turn out on a floured surface, folding once.
- Roll or pat out 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter or cut in squares with a sharp knife.
- Place on an un-greased shallow pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until browned.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Leftover biscuits? Split, butter, and toast until crispy in a 275-degree oven or on a medium-hot griddle. Wonderful on a fruit and cheese tray!