Bacon and fresh tomato, but hold the lettuce. A pretty appearance and savory taste!
- 2 cups WEM Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-½ cups water
- ½ cup cooked, crumbled smokey bacon (about 4 slices)
- ½ cup firm roma or plum tomatoes, diced
Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook, drain and crumble bacon.
- Chop tomato.
- In medium size bowl, mix together the Cornbread Mix and sugar.
- In small bowl, beat the egg with a fork or whisk until light.
- Stir beaten egg, oil and water into Cornbread Mix.
- Add bacon.
- Gently fold in tomatoes.
- Pour batter into an oiled 11 X 13 inch baking pan or oiled 10 cast iron skillet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Great way to use up left over bacon.