Yummy, fruity and healthy, warm from the oven. The secret to moist texture is blended oatmeal. True comfort food!
- 1/4 cup WEM cold, cooked thick rolled oats, blended in blender or food processor
- 1 ½ cups WEM Biscuit Mix
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or partially frozen blueberries
- 1 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup uncooked WEM Thick Rolled Oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Hands on Time: 10-12 minutes
Baking Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
Yield: 12-15 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Stir together streusel topping. Set aside.
- Process cooked oatmeal.
- Cut butter or oil into the biscuit mix with your fingers or a pastry cutter until the texture of dry oatmeal. (This can be done in a food processor but be careful not to over-process. Usually, about 5 pulses will do.)
- Add sugar.
- Stir in oats and blueberries.
- Mix in yogurt stirring just until moistened.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead twice.
- Pat or roll dough (gently) to a ½ inch thickness and a 10-inch circle.
- Cut scones into 8-10 wedges with a sharp knife.
- Coat baking sheet or pan with cooking spray.
- Place scones on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle streusel mix on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.