This oaty treat’s creamy peanut butter and layer of sweet blueberry spread make for a great after school snack or an ‘on the go’ breakfast.
- 1 cup WEM Organic White Wheat Flour
- 1 cup WEM Organic Thick Rolled oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup WEM Blueberry Spread (or pick your favorite flavor)
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the jam.
- Measure out 2 cups of this mixture. Leave the rest in the bowl and set it aside.
- Take the 2 cups of the mixture and press it into the bottom of the pan with your hands. Make sure to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Using a large spoon, spread the jam on top of the mixture in the pan.
- Take the mixture that was left in the bowl and spread it over the jam. Press it down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Cut the bars into 12 squares to eat and share!