Topped with oats and wheat germ-scrumptious! This low-fat recipe uses fresh or frozen blueberries, one of the natures most delicious anti-oxidants. Visit your Farmer’s Market to find local blueberries.
- 2/3 cup WEM Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon apple or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Baking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 8 to 12
- Mix topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9 inch round or square cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, salt, and soda.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat together the yogurt, milk, egg plus whites, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir into the flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle on topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Delicious served warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.