A yummy and simple treat! Only FIVE ingredients! These cookies are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup dates, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups WEM Blue Cornmeal Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add dates and sugar.
- Cook over low heat until dates and sugar “melt” and turn syrupy.
- Let cool.
- Add Pancake Mix and water. Stir to combine. The mixture should be thick.
- Scoop dough onto wax paper or plastic wrap and form into two rolls 1″ in diameter.
- Chill until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice cookie roll into 1/8 inch rounds and place 1/2 inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until edges just begin to brown.
- Cool on rack. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
**To make bars instead of cookies, follow the above recipe but increase water to 1 cup and pancake mix to 2 cups. Bake in greased 11×7″ or 9×13″ pan. Cool and sift powdered sugar on top.