A kid-friendly favorite with a new twist using War Eagle Mill Blue Cornmeal Pancake Mix.
- 1 cup WEM Blue Cornmeal Pancake Mix
- 1 Tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated Cheddar or Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Options: diced onions, black beans, refried beans, salsa, sliced avocado
Yield: 6, 6-inch pancakes, 3 complete quesadillas
- Heat griddle to medium. Have non-stick spray or oil ready.
- Combine pancake mix, water, oil, chili powder, and salt, mixing well.
- When the griddle is hot, (drops of water will dance on the surface!) drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls.
- Cook 2 minutes or until bubbles cover the surface of the pancake.
- Flip and cook 1 1/2 minutes more.
- When all pancakes are cooked, reduce heat to low.
- Place one or two pancakes back on the griddle with the second side up.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- When cheese begins to melt place your choice of optional toppings on cheese and top with another pancake, the first side up.
- Carefully flip Quessadilla over and heat through.
- Slice in half or quarters to serve.