Makes a great side dish for any family gathering, especially summer barbecues! Give it a try!
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth.
- Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through.
- Mix in the black beans and herbs.
- Fold in avocado and tomato. Enjoy!