No kneading-quick and easy!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons softened butter, margarine or olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey or sugar OR 1 tablespoon honey or sugar and 1 tablespoon sorghum or molasses
- Option: 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or sweet basil or lemon thyme
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes including rising time
Yield: 12 rolls
- In a large mixing bowl, (or bowl with a stand mixer) dissolve yeast in the warm water.
- Add whole wheat flour, salt, butter, and honey and beat well by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Add in all-purpose flour blending well.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Divide dough into 12 balls and place in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Before putting rolls in the oven, brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, coarse salt or oatmeal flakes.