Sizzle up something special! Enjoy a sweet and savory combination of War Eagle Mill Cornbread Mix, crumbled bacon, and maple syrup.
- Combine cornbread mix, and baking powder in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, and 3 tablespoons maple syrup in medium bowl to blend.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until blended.
- Fold in melted butter and crumbled bacon.
- Preheat waffle iron (medium heat). Use non-stick spray to spray waffle iron.
- Working in batches, spoon batter onto hot waffle iron, spreading evenly over the grid.
- Close waffle iron and cook until waffle is golden and set, about 6 minutes, depending on the type of waffle iron.
- Transfer waffles to plates.
- Serve with maple syrup.