So good for breakfast, brunch, or spread with peanut butter for a hearty snack. If you have been looking for a whole wheat pancake recipe that is moist and fluffy–this one is a winner.
Hands-on Time: 12-15 minutes
Baking Time: 5-7 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 12- 15 pancakes
- In a small bowl, combine oats and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Peel, core and finely chop the apple.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and egg white and stir in oil.
- Mix into dry ingredients along with the oat mixture and apples. Stir just until mixed.
- On lightly oiled griddle over medium-low heat, drop by 1/4 cupfuls.
- Cook until covered with air bubbles. Flip and cook other side.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, honey, sorghum, cream cheese, or fresh fruit or any of the WEM Fruit Jams or spreads available.