A beautiful and delicious presentation fit for any celebration or holiday. Starts with one recipe War Eagle Basic Sweet Dough.
- 1 recipe War Eagle Basic Sweet Dough found in recipe section
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 small peeled, diced apple.
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix 1/3 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons warm water.
Hands on Time: 30 mintues
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 hours 15 minutes include rise times
- After last rise of Basic Sweet Dough, roll dough into a 8 X 18 inch rectangle.
- Spread butter on dough to within 1 inch of edges.
- In a small bowl, combine apple, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg coating apples well.
- Sprinkle fruit and spice mixture on buttered dough.
- Roll up rectangle lengthwise, pinching seams together.
- Join ends to form into a ring with seam side down sealing tightly.
- Place on a buttered baking sheet.
- With scissors, make cuts 3/4 of the way through ring at 1 inch intervals.
- Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with glaze while still warm.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Chopped walnuts are a wonderful addition to this delicious breakfast ring.