A fruity delicious breakfast or snack cake with a hint of sweet honey and cinnamon.
- 2 1/2 cups barley flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8” baking pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and chopped apple in the mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 Tbsp sugar).
- Top with chopped walnuts, pecans, or grated coconut.
- Bake 20-25 minutes