A dessert that just can’t be surpassed!
Baking Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: 8 to 10
- Peel and slice apples and place into a large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Sprinkle over apples and toss gently.
- Pour apples into prepared bottom crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Roll out top crust and place on top of the fruit
- Seal top crust to bottom crust by crimping edges with fingers or by pressing with the tines of a fork.
- Cut slits in top crust for vents.
- Brush top crust and edges with skim milk.
- Bake on the bottom oven rack for 10 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool and slice.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.