Hands on Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 8
- 1/4 cup WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups WEM Organic All-Purpose (unbleached) Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- In medium size bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In small bowl, mix together the milk and eggs.
- Make a well in the center of the flour. Pour in egg mixture mixing with a fork, and then by hand, until flour is moistened and mixture forms into a ball.
- Turn out on a floured surface.
- Roll out dough as thin as possible (adding flour to surface and rolling pin as needed) to a 30 X 30 inch square,
- Cut with very sharp knife or pizza cutter. For linguini, cut 1/8 inch wide. For fettuccini cut 1/4 inch wide.
- Pasta can now be cooked, frozen or covered lightly with a cloth and left to dry overnight.
- To cook, boil water in large sauce pan or kettle. Drop pasta in and cook 3-5 minutes. Test for doneness frequently. Fresh pasta cooks quickly.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve with Fresh Marinara Sauce (link), Alfredo Sauce or cook in soups.