Baking Time: 20-30 minutes
Total Time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
A nutty, subtle flavor and a healthy way to cook any type of fish.
- 1 pound of your favorite fish filets, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup WEM Wheat Germ
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil or melted butter.
- In a flat bowl or pie pan, beat together the egg, milk, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Put wheat germ in another pie pan or on a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Dip fish in egg mixture, then in wheat germ coating both sides of fish.
- Place in baking pan.
- When all fish is breaded, drizzle the other tablespoon of olive oil or butter evenly over the fish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of the filets) until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve with slices of fresh lemon or lime.