Hands on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 3-6 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 14-16 pancakes
This is a thin, chewy pancake. For a fluffier, lighter cake, add 1/2 teaspoon more baking powder.
- 1 1/2 cups WEM Whole Wheat Flour OR 1/2 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour and 1 cup WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In medium-size bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Stir in egg, honey, oil and milk. Mix well.
- Spray griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and set on medium heat.
- Spoon by tablespoonfuls onto hot griddle.
- Flip pancake when surface begins to bubble and cook on second side.
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKES:
Use 1/12 cups buttermilk instead of sweet milk and add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- RAISIN PANCAKES: Fold in 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries.
- NUTTY PANCAKES: Fold in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- BLUEBERRY PANCAKES: Fold in 3/4 cup fresh or thawed, drained frozen blueberries.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with your favorite topping: butter, peanut butter, maple syrup, honey, sorghum, jam or fresh fruit and whipped cream.