Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes.
Servings: 10 to 12
This traditional Middle Eastern salad gets better and better the longer it sits.
- 1 cup War Eagle Mill Organic Cracked Wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 medium cucumber, diced small
- 1/3 cup green onion, diced small
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, diced fine
- 3-4 (2 cups) fresh tomatoes, diced small
Pour boiling water over cracked wheat and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir with a fork.
In a medium-large size bowl with a tight fitting lid, combine cooled, cracked wheat and all of the ingredients listed.
Stir gently to combine.
Cover and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.