Baking Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 10 to 14
An old-time favorite in the War Eagle Mill Restaurant.
Here is what you will need:
- 10 cups fresh or frozen (2-16 ounce packages frozen) blackberries or mixed berries.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup ice water
- In a large bowl, stir together blackberries, sugar, 6 tablespoons flour and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, cut butter into flour and salt with pastry cutter or in food processor.
- Stir or pulse (about 6 pulses) ice water into flour. Form into a soft ball
- Divide dough into two pieces.
- Turn out on floured surface and pat or roll one piece into a rectangle to fit the bottom of a 11 X 13 baking pan.
- Pour berries into pan.
- Roll second ball into rectangle that touches edges of pan when placed on top of berries. Press edges of crust onto pan.
- Prick top crust with a fork.
- Bake 55 minutes.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!