Hands on Time: 25
Baking Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1-1/2 hours
Yield: 1-9 inch pie
Delicious and healthy any time of year. Try it for breakfast or brunch!
- 1-single WEM Flaky Pie Crust, unbaked (link)
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cream or evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract or 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel (zest)
- For a firm pie bake sweet potatoes in oven or microwave, peel and mash. For a softer pie, peel, boil and mash. (Canned sweet potatoes can be used but fresh are better!)
- Prepare crust and place in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, sugar and butter, beating until well blended.
- Add eggs, cream or milk, salt, zest and spices, mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.