Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 24 mini muffins or 8 regular size muffins.
Wheat free, nutritious and tasty muffins.
- 1 cup WEM Thick Rolled Oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup WEM Soy Flour
- 1 cup WEM Oat Bran
- 2 tablespoon WEM Flax Meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Splenda No Calorie Sweetner
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In small bowl, soak oats in buttermilk for 1 hour prior to preparing batter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk-oat mixture, egg, oil and cranberries stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin pan*
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- * Fill any empty cups 1/2 full with water.