Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 8-10 shortcakes
The perfect base for the fresh fruit of the season!
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients with pastry cutter or in food processor.
- Add eggs and milk, mixing lightly to form into a ball. (4 or 5 pulses in a food processor.)
- Turn out on floured surface and knead for a few minutes, roll or pat to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with large biscuit cutter or cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet
- Bake 10 minutes.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Split shortcakes and spoon sweetened fruit over bottom crust. Replace top and spoon more berries over top crust. Top with whipped cream.