Hands on Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes including rise time
Yield: 15 rolls
So quick and easy as well as delicious! Poppy or Sesame seeds can be substituted.
- 3/4 cup milk (lowfat is fine)
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 egg white
- Heat milk, butter or oil and honey or sugar until butter melts. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast, salt and whole wheat flour.
- Beat about 2 minutes with an electric mixer or vigorously by hand.
- Stir in all-purpose flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead 2 minutes.
- Coat a 9 inch round baking pan with cooking spray
- Shape dough into about 15 smooth balls and place in baking pan.
- Brush tops with egg white and sprinkle on flax seeds.
- Place an empty baking pan on the bottom rack of oven and pour in 1 cup boiling water or to about 1 inch depth.
- Cover rolls with a towel and place on rack above water.
- Close oven and let rise for 30 minutes
- Remove rolls and water pan from oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake rolls 20 minutes or until golden brown.