Hands on Time: 12-15 miutes
Baking Time: 5-7 minutes
Total Time: 22-25 minutes
Yield: About 15 pancakes
A lunch or dinner pancake which can be a main dish.
- 1/2 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (lowfat is fine)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- Grate zucchini and chop peppers.
- In medium size bowl, combine flour, soda, basil, red pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in buttermilk and oil mixing until blended.
- Fold in bell pepper and zucchini.
- Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium.
- When griddle is hot, drop batter by tablespoonfuls and spread into 2 inch rounds.
- Cook until bottom is golden (about 3 minutes), flip and cook other side.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Zucchini pancakes are delicious served with lowfat or nonfat cream cheese and fresh salsa.
These make good appetizers too!