Hands on Time: 12-15 miutes
Baking Time: 5-7 minutes
Total Time: 22-25 minutes
Yield: About 15 pancakes
A savory pancake packed with chopped veggies and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Enjoy it any time of the day!
- 1/2 cup War Eagle Mill Multi Grain Pancake Mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (lowfat is fine)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
Grate zucchini and chop peppers.
In medium size bowl, combine pancake mix, basil, red pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Stir in buttermilk and oil mixing until blended.
Fold in bell pepper and zucchini.
Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium.
When griddle is hot, drop batter by tablespoonfuls and spread into 2 inch rounds.
Cook until bottom is golden (about 3 minutes), flip and cook other side.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Zucchini pancakes are delicious served with lowfat or nonfat cream cheese and fresh salsa.
These make good appetizers too!