A whole grain raspberry muffin with a hint of chocolate sweetness. Oh, so good!
- ½ cup War Eagle Mill Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ¾ cup War Eagle Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour
- ½ War Eagle Mill Organic Yellow Cornmeal
- ¼ cup War Eagle Mill Organic Wheat Bran
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup honey
- 3 ½ Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 2/3 cup raspberries
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan.
In a large bowl, combine oats and milk.
Microwave on high until the oats are creamy and tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
In another large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, bran, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend.
Add honey, oil, lime zest, oats mixture and egg. Beat just until moistened but still slightly lumpy.
Mix in chocolate chunks. Gently fold in the raspberries.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
Bake until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes.
Transfer the muffins to a wire rack and let cool completely.