Yield: 10 servings
Packed full of whole grain and protein and topped with fresh veggies make this salad a great addition to your dinner table!
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked WEM Organic Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in the onion and garlic and saute until lightly browned.
Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth.
Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
Bring the mixture to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir frozen corn into saucepan and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through.
Mix in black beans and herbs.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Possible add-ins – Chopped fresh tomatoes, avocado, or celery.