A traditional cornbread recipe using War Eagle Mill Yellow Cornbread Mix that’s quick and easy to make. War Eagle Cornmeal is stone ground making this traditional recipe also healthy and delicious!
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp honey, optional
- 2 cups WEM Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Add oil to 8-10 inch cast iron skillet and put in oven while preheating.
- Combine all ingredients until moistened. Remove skillet from oven.
- Add hot oil to batter and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into skillet and return to oven.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.