Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 3-5 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 18-20 pancakes
A tender crepe-like pancake and a holiday brunch favorite.
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup WEM Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine or vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together pumpkin, eggs, butter and milk.
- Spray a large griddle or skillet and heat on medium low.
- Pour out batter by tablespoonfuls.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles cover surface.
- Cook on second side until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with maple syrup, honey or butter. Chopped pecans or walnuts are a nice addition to this pancake.