Hands on Time: 20
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1-9 inch pie
Be the first on your block to serve this unusual and delicious pie that will have your friends and family amazed!
- 1-single WEM Flaky Pie Crust (link)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sorghum or molasses
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, drained. (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll and place pie crust in 9 inch pie pan. Crimp edges.
- Combine ingredients in order given, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 325° and continue baking 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream.