Hands on Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 40 - 50 min
Total Time: 65 min
Yield: 8 Slices
The keen part of this dessert is that it is so easy to mix together and you can taste the flavor of summer in every bite! The Oat Flour adds a sweet, nutty taste that really compliments any fruit pie.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup War Eagle Mill Oat Flour
- 1/3 cup War Eagle Mill Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Coat a deep dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together sugar, butter and buttermilk on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Beat in flours and spice until a crumb mixture forms.
- Spread half of mixture on bottom of pan, pressing lightly.
- Lay peach slices on top. Sprinkle remaining mixture evenly over peaches.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450°, then reduce heat to 350° and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
Recipe Tips and Tricks