Hands on Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Basmati is a long-grain rice with nutty flavor and firm texture and makes a great tasting rice pudding.
- 1 cup uncooked WEM Organic Basmati Rice
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cold low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups sliced peaches (3-4 fresh peaches)
- Combine first four ingredients in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat to low. Simmer for 35 minutes.
- Stir together the milk, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon. Add to rice. Turn heat to medium and bring to boil while stirring constantly. Cook for three minutes while pudding thickens.
- Remove from heat and discard the cinnamon stick.
- Gently fold in vanilla and peaches.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream, yogurt or more sliced peaches, or chill and serve cold.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
You can substitute 1/2 teasooon ground cinnamon for the cinnamon stick and sprinkle it on your pudding just before serving.