Yield: 4 Waffles
OK, buttermilk is not cream, but it does make these waffles light, fluffy and low fat! The whole grain flour and peaches add fiber and flavor to make this the perfect summer breakfast!
- 2 cups War Eagle Mill White Wheat Wholegrain Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar ( or sweetener of choice)
- 2 cups non-fat buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 peach, peeled & finely diced
- In medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients
- In small bowl beat together buttermilk, oil and egg whites.
- Stir into dry ingredients along with diced peaches.
- Mix until just blended.
- Spoon batter into hot waffle iron that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Serve hot and top with more peach slices if desired.