Hands on Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 15-17 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 20 pones
- 1-1/2 cups WEM Organic White Wheat Flour
- 1-1/2 cups WEM Organic Yellow Cornmeal
- 2/3 cups baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or your choice of oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh jalapenõs, seeded and deveined
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Use non stick spray to coat muffins tins.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, soda and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, eggs and jalapenos.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add egg mixture and peaches to well and stir until just combined and evenly moist.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each muffin tin and bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto rack.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
For a less spicy muffin, substitute 1 teaspoon of cinnamon for cayenne and use nuts instead of jalapenõs.