Hands on Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes including rise time
Yield: 30 rolls
This will quickly become a holiday favorite!
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup mashed potatoes at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (zest)
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 4-5 cups WEM All-Purpose Flour
- Boil 1 large or two small potatoes until tender. Drain and mash. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in potatoes, eggs, orange juice, butter, sugar, salt, cinnamon, orange peel and whole wheat flour.
- Beat 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed or vigorously by hand.
- Stir in all-purpose flour cup by cup adding enough to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. If your mixer has a dough hook knead by machine for 5 minutes.
- Place in an oiled bowl, turning once to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough.
- Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pinch off pieces about the size of a walnut and place in pan 1/2 inch apart.
- Cover and let rise 20-30 minutes or until light.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Glaze with a mixture of 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons orange juice while warm from oven.