Hands on Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Wonderful perky flavor and texture!
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 cups WEM Cornbread Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 9 inch square baking pan in oven while preheating to 425 degrees.
- Combine Cornbread Mix, sugar and orange rind.
- In small bowl, beat together egg, milk and orange juice.
- Stir into cornbread mixture.
- Fold in pecans, stirring just until moistened.
- Remove skillet from oven.
- Coat with the butter.
- Pour batter into hot pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Garnish with a fresh slice of orange, if desired. May also be made in an over-sized muffin tin for individual servings.