Hands on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 3-5 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes for all pancakes
Yield: 10-12 pancakes
No sugar, low fat and low sodium but best of all-delicious!
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup WEM Oat Bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder or 2 teaspoons low sodium baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or salt substitute
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/14 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Stir all ingredients together just until blended.
- Lightly oil griddle or skillet and set over medium low heat.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto hot griddle.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when surface is covered with bubbles.
- Oat bran will absorb moisture making batter thicken as it sits. Add water as needed to thin batter.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve with sugarless syrup or your favorite syrup, honey, sorghum, jam or fresh fruit.