Hands on Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes including rise time
Yield: 1 medium loaf
No excuse not to make bread with this super simple, delicious recipe!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add honey, oil and salt.
- Stir in the whole wheat flour.
- Mix with an electric mixer or vigorously by hand for 3 minutes.
- Add all-purpose flour.
- Mix or stir 5 more minutes or until smooth.
- Coat a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon dough into pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes, until almost double in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.