Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Fast, easy with added soy protein and oat goodness.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup WEM Thick Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Splenda No Calorie Sweetner
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup WEM Soy Flour
- 1 1/2 cups WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- In medium mixing bowl, combine boiling water, oats and oil. Let cool.
- Mix in egg, yeast and sugar.
- Stir in salt and soy flour.
- Gradually add whole wheat flour, mixing until dough is well blended.
- Coat a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon dougn into pan, cover and let rise until doubled in volume. About 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until browned.