Hands on Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours including rise time
War Eagle Mill 7-Grain Breakfast Cereal adds additional texture and nutrition to this flavorful roll.
- 1/2 cup WEM 7-Grain Cereal
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package active dry yeast (1 scant tablespoon)
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-2 1/2 cups WEM All Purpose Flour
- In a small saucepan, stir together 1/2 cup water and 7-grain cereal. Bring to boil, cover pan and turn off heat. Let sit until cool.
- In large bowl, stir honey and oil into hot water.
- When cooled to lukewarm, stir in yeast.
- Mix in cereal, salt and whole wheat flour beating vigorously by hand or with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Beat in all-purpose flour.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead 5 minutes.
- Place in clean , oiled bowl, turning once to coat.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Coat a baking sheet or pan with cooking spray.
- Punch down dough.
- Pinch off dough and form into 2 inch balls.
- Place on baking sheet just touching.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 20 minutes.