Baking Time: 15 minutes for millet
Total Time: 20 minutes to 2 hours
Servings: 8 to 10
The wonderful flavors of original tabouli but gluten free and very versatile!
- 1 cup WEM Millet
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 4-5 green onions, green top and all,diced small
- 1-1/2 cups (2 medium size or 3-4 Romas) fresh tomatoes, diced small
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped fine or 2 teaspoons dry
- In a medium saucepan bring water and millet to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover, fluff with a fork and let cool.
- While millet is cooking and cooling, chop vegetables and put together in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir to blend.
- When cool, add millet to vegetables and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Try this salad using WEM Basmati Rice or WEM Quinoa for different gluten free salads. For added protein and texture, add 1 can drained garbanzo or kidney beans or shelled Edamame.