Baking Time: 15 minutes for millet
Total Time: 20 minutes to 2 hours
Servings: 8 to 10
The wonderful flavors of original tabouli but gluten free and very versatile!
- 1 cup WEM Millet
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 4-5 green onions, green top and all, diced small
- 1-1/2 cups (2 medium size or 3-4 Romas) fresh tomatoes, diced small
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped fine or 2 teaspoons dried
- In a medium saucepan bring water and millet to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover, fluff with a fork and let cool.
- While millet is cooking and cooling, chop vegetables and put together in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir to blend.
- When cool, add millet to vegetables and toss well to coat.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Try this salad using WEM Basmati Rice or WEM Quinoa for different gluten free salads. For added protein and texture, add 1 can drained garbanzo or kidney beans or shelled Edamame.