Hands on Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: 24 squares
How can this be anything but a healthy treat? Packed full of nutrition!
- 1 cup WEM Organic White Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup WEM Organic Flax Meal
- 1/2 cup WEM Organic Barley Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups cold coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a jelly roll pan (11-1/2″ x 15″) with non-stick spray.
- Mix flours, flax meal, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place chocolate and butter in a glass bowl and microwave until melted; stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar together. Add vanilla and spices.
- Then very slowly add chocolate to egg mixture, stirring well.
- Alternately add small amounts of flour mix and coffee until thoroughly combined. NOTE: It is very important to alternate between flour mix and coffee in small amounts in order to incorporate the dry ingredients evenly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 24 squares.