Baking Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 24, 2 inch bars
A wonderful make ahead holiday treat! These keep well and improve, if there are any left!
- 1 1/3 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or heart healthy margarine
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Gradually beat in margarine and honey.
- Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, dates and nuts and mix well.
- Coat a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into bars.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Store in a crock , jar or plastic container for a day or two as these improve by standing.