Baking Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Dark, crispy and spicy, these cookies improve with age-if they last. They produce a real holiday aroma while baking!
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks) or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 sorghum or molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup WEM Wole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups first ingredient of second item
- Cream together, by hand or with electric mixer, butter, sugar, sorghum and egg until fluffy.
- Stir together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough into balls about the size of a walnut and roll in white sugar (granulated, not powdered).
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on rack and store in air tight container.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Add a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of tea and you have a old fashioned, delicious and satisfying afternoon snack!