Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 4-7 minutes each waffle
Total Time: 25 minutes depending on individual waffle iron
Yield: 4, 7-8 inch waffles
The luscious aroma and flavor of gingerbread! Delicious for breakfast, brunch, dinner or a holiday celebration.
- 2 cups WEM White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sorghum or molasses
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat egg.
- Whisk in molasses, milk and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Ladle batter into iron and cook until done.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with butter and hot WEM Maple Praline Syrup, honey, jam or fresh fruit and whipped cream. Chopped pecans or walnuts or grated apple are a nice addition to this waffle.